Really, that sums up the past week of my life pretty well. I've had enough ups and downs, still going through enough of them, to know that if you don't take the opportunities when they arise, if you miss what's around you when it's there, you miss the point of living.
The quote from Ferris Buehler's Day Off is going through my head.
"If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
Some things are just timeless. :)
Due to my lack of motivation/ unclear vision for the next canvas, I am tempted to make this my day in Boston sketching instead of tomorrow. grr. And my motivation to go to studio to have a screaming monkey war (woot sold them for $1 months back so we have one) is sunk because the other artist with one is on vacation at the moment...
I finally figured out how it is that I am racking up all this time "off-leash". My husband is about to be occupied for 3 weekends in a row and is going to pick up another reffing position this fall... after I directly asked him to choose football or rollerderby, but please for the love of god don't do both! So... the upside... I apparently can go out 80% of the Wednesday nights that I want to AND nothing is going to be said against me going to NY whatever weekend events (mostly family) arise as long as my son comes with me.
Why does "home" feel more like home when my parents are in Florida? Seriously, this weekend wouldn't have been so chill had they been in the same state. I love my parents, but me going out on Friday nights still doesn't fly with them.... much less me crashing at a friend's place.
So now I am home home, procrastinating, looking beside my laptop to an adorable sleeping kitty . I am very happy with the relaxing events of the past week and have my new schedule for ambitions for art... another 8 projects in 8 weeks goal... though I'm going to cheat slightly and include the cardinal that I've started in the 8 :-) Now... time to go to work in earnest.
No comments:
Post a Comment